Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspiration Andy Goldsworthy

The first time I watched the documentary about Andy Goldsworthy I was in complete awe.  Each time I watch it I am again in awe.  This artist from Scotland who lives his everyday in connection with the earth in a deep and meaningful way.  His art is created using natural materials available where he is and is a gift to earth and naturally goes back to the earth.  He takes pictures to preserve his work for longer.  He built walls of stone, and leaves sewn together with thorns, and a round "hut" on the edge of the river and when the tide came in it floated away and ice arches that melt away.  For me this screamed of responding to how beautiful life is right now!   In this very moment!!!  Live It!!  Love It!! for tomorrow or even sooner it could wash down the river, because indeed that is the nature of life.  I tend to cling so tightly to my plans and get really mad when it doesn't go my way, or my perception of what is my way.  Sometimes nature has different ideas of how life should go and when I let go and trust...it all works out much prettier.

check out Andy's website and here are a few pictures to encourage you to do so.  Also the documentary Rivers and Tides can be streamed on netflix.

http://www.rwc.uc.edu/artcomm/web/w2005_2006/maria_Goldsworthy/TEST/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment