Tuesday, June 28, 2011

sweating

It is 4 o'clock in the morning and I'm sweating.  I know...so what?  you ask.  It is also June in Georgia.  We are all sweating.  I no longer have Cushing's and have been in remission for quite a long while.  But...Sweating makes me crazy!!  I think the constant sweating was my first symptom so many years ago.  I suppose it is some type of Post traumatic stress disorder response...sweating equals freak out for me.  So I'm up assessing my skin...is it too dark?...do I have too many zits? and assessing my fatigue...is it worse?...am I more forgetful??? ...do I have more trouble reading?...Is it coming back?  This is the fear I live with everyday.  I can't imagine what it must be like for people in remission from Cancer...every little something could be the thing coming back to kill you.  I mean, I really think I'm past the point where Cushing's itself could kill me...just make me miserable if it came back.  I freak out nonetheless.  Living in fear is not living fully.  It helps to verbalize that fact, so now I'm going back to bed to sleep in the comfort of knowing for today it isn't back.  Today, I will live fully.  Today, I am still well.

No comments:

Post a Comment