Monday, May 16, 2011

weight watchers

Remission STILL !!!
This is going to be my "Before" picture.  I'm happy and healthier than I have been in awhile.  I like the picture.  We will look again in September, when I go back to the endocrinologist. ( It's me holding the baby)
This is fabulous, of course, I am so grateful to feel this good and to still be here on the planet, etc...  Dear God,  Mucho Gracias!  I decided to celebrate this gift I should continue to improve my health and my body as a way of honoring the gift!  In 2003, when I went to my primary care provider with my symptoms, I had gained 50 # in a year, despite converting to be a vegetarian and exercising as much as possible.  I was also depressed, and sweating everywhere, no deodorant worked, crazy fatigue...I felt like I had been up for 4 days on call, no matter how much I slept, I hurt, I cried, I was growing a beard and had bumps everywhere on my skin, a growing buffalo hump that I could feel like an extra tire on my neck.  So... now after all this time, I still have that initial 50# and I want to lose it.  There are other irreparable damages from the Cushing's journey that will be with me for always but perhaps the weight I could let go of now.  As my pituitary function continues to decrease due to the radiation, my thyroid has finally given up trying to work.  My endocrinologist just increased my thyroid replacement medications and I lost 10# in the first 10 days with no effort on my part!  I'm still eating well as before but now the weight is leaving me.  This gives me the hope I need to work on it.  My endocrinologist said that Weight Watchers is one of the Best Plans for me.  Heart Healthy, Balanced, Nutritious, all those things I have to be careful of because of Hypertension, Heart disease, Diabetes, Cholesterol...all those things that Cushings left me with are considered.  So I signed up and I started to cry when I got on the scale, not because I was sad or surprised, because I have been at this weight a long time now (2003) but rather because I was elated to be right here now.  Beginning Again.  Beginning to be the New Me without so much of the "Cushing's Load".  So pray for me folks and I'll keep you posted on how it is going.  I'm doing more yoga and walking everyday.  Striving for the best me I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment