Sunday, September 18, 2011

shortcuts to organized life

As you may know, Borders Bookstore went out of business.  This is a sad day for me because going to the bookstore has always been one of my favorite "date night" activities and now the library is closed more often also...so I feel the slow demise of books as I have treasured them.  Yes! I love my kindle (although right this minute it is MIA and I feel a little frantic about that) but books I treasure...something tangible and delightful. 

I digress...one of the good deals I got was a calendar so to speak called Totally Together by Stephanie O'Dea.  I adore it.  It gives you seven simple things to do each day to keep your house in order and then little hints to do each week.  This week, clean the ceiling fans.  That's it!  One simple little thing to do and then check off!  Even I can do this!  It's perfect for me small attainable goals that I can check off!  I think it would be perfect for anyone who is busy living their life and can't have all those things swimming around in your head all the time...schedule orthodontist appts,fold 14 loads of laundry, get the dog groomed, buy Christmas gifts, pay the bills,   all those things swimming around making me crazy.  This book puts it all in one place for me to check off.  Even menu planning!  Get one for yourself.
+make your beds right away
+do one complete load of laundry a day (this means start to in the drawers)
+empty all the garbage cans
+keep the kitchen sink empty
+Clean up after yourself right away (and encourage the kids and spouse to do the same)
+wipe the bathrooms down (don't let soap scum have time to settle...you don't even have to use cleaner for the daily wipe down)
+ten minute clean up before bed (set the timer...race with the kids...you will be amazed) 
http://totallytogetherjournal.com/author/stephanie/

No comments:

Post a Comment